A Local Authorities Platform to support the implementation of the Covenant of Mayors for Sub-Saharan Africa initiative (CoM SSA).
The Covenant of Mayors in Sub-Saharan Africa is an initiative to support committed local authorities to mitigate and adapt to climate change and to ensure energy access in their municipalities through planning and implementing effective climate and energy actions. CoMO SSA supports the implementation of the CoM SSA initiative by increasing African cities planning capacities and providing them with a platform to share knowledge and best practices.
ADENE main activities include the participation in the Implementation Committee of the project, the provision of assistance to the Covenant of Mayors in Sub-Saharan Africa Central Helpdesk, the setting up of a platform of potential signatories of the CoM SSA, the dissemination of information targeted to Portuguese-speaking countries of SSA and assisting Bissau (Guinea-Bissau) with the preparation of its SEACAP.
• Guiding Principles and the Political Commitment Document (PCD) for Sub-Saharan Africa Contries;
• Local Authorities Platform and Central Helpdesk for CoM SSA potential signatories;
• Energy profile and inception visit reports on pilot cities;
• Training and capacity-building activities on e.g. data collection, energy profiling and SEACAP.
• Portuguese versions of the CoMO SSA website and all relevant project deliverables;
• Guinea-Bissau Country Profile;
• Bissau pilot project description;
• Bissau Inception Visit report;
• Bissau CoM draft action plan.
|ENC – Energy Cities, European Association of local authorities in energy transition (FR)|
|CA – Climate Alliance of European Cities with Indigenous Rainforest Peoples (DE)|
|UCLG Africa – United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (GH)|
|ICLEI Africa – Local Governments for Sustainability Africa (ZA)|
|ICLEI World – Local Governments for Sustainability World Secretariat (DE)|
|ENDA – Environnement et Développement du Tiers Monde (SN)|
|SEA – Sustainable Energy Africa (ZA)|