Supporting the energy label rescaling process while boosting the energy label impact in the consumer decision process.
The EU energy label for products has been a key driver supporting innovation and market development for energy efficient products for more than 20 years. The label stimulated innovation by manufacturers and demand for energy efficient products by consumers and professional buyers. However the current label concept involving A+++ to D efficiency classes has become cumbersome and less effective and the EU therefore has decided to reinvent the original A-G class concept combined with future rescaling of classes based on technology and market development. The transition process until the new label is fully established and effectively used requires effective guidance and support of stakeholders ensuring correct implementation by suppliers and retailers as well as full understanding, high acceptance and efficient use of the new label by consumers and professional buyers. The LABEL 2020 project is designed as a comprehensive action supporting this transition process in a most effective way by supporting
+ consumers and professional buyers by means of effective information campaigns, services and tools. Services shall motivate and support buyers in the consideration and use of the new labels for their purchasing decision. Transparency of the label rescaling process shall be effectively supported.
+ retailers in the correct, efficient and effective implementation of the new label at the point of sale and in online shops including training for sales persons and supportive tools for the label promotion.
+ suppliers in the provision of correct labels and product information, to convince them to consider the label as an important tool for promotion of efficient products and to motivate them towards further innovation for energy efficient appliances.
+ policy makers, public administrators and multipliers in the use and promotion of the new label within national programs and schemes (e.g. green procurement, incentives).
+ development and exchange of best practice from campaigns.
Main Activities ADENE
Lider of WP5 dealing with the Implementation, management and monitoring of the national campaigns.
Responsible for the definition and implementation of the Portuguese Action Plan and corresponding activities at the consumer, market agents and public authorities level.
• Mobile tool for smart phones supporting consumers at the point of sale and for online-shopping,
• Web-based information service on most efficient products available on the market,
• Production of short information videos
• Flyer/mini brochure for consumers and professional buyers
• Tools for children
• Tools for the point of sale and online shopping
• Education concepts and tools and training of sales personnel
• Electronic and printed information flyer and web-based information corner for consumer associations,
public entities and other multipliers
• Best practice dissemination and support of long-term sustainability
• Tools and materials in Portuguese for consumers, professionals and public authorities,
• Training activities for professionals
• Communication activities for consumers