ODYSSEE-MURE (phase XV)
Implementation of energy efficiency policies and monitoring of their impacts through indicators and databases.
The ODYSSEE-MURE project aims to support policy makers in EU Member States to fulfill their obligations in the framework of the EU Energy Efficiency Directive (EED). In particular, it provides userfriendly databases and web-tools for monitoring and evaluating the impact of energy efficiency policies.
The ODYSSEE database and facilities contain and analyse latest available energy consumption and energy efficiency indicators by sector, end-use in households and services, by mode in transport.
The MURE database and facilities contain and analyse energy efficiency policies and measures by sector.
These tools have been conceived in the past and will be extended under this project by an experienced team comprising national energy efficiency agencies from 28 EU Member States (plus Norway, Switzerland and Serbia), and a strong technical coordination. Future inclusion of Balkan countries will be prepared under this project. We enhance, update and modernise these tools for support to the Member States through regional and national training events as well as dissemination products such as country/sector profiles, newsletters, policy briefs and webinars. In addition, we focus on operationalising the Energy Efficiency First Principle (EE1-P) for the MS, which is a key requirement in the EU Energy Union Governance Regulation . We will develop an indicator-based approach to EE1, considering wider aspects such as:
(1) New Societal Trends (e.g. the Shared Economy) which may increase or reduce energy demand,
(2) Energy poverty,
(3) the multiple benefits of energy efficiency. Through cooperation with the European Council for and Energy Efficient Economy eceee that organises the most important EE events gathering policy makers, researchers and industry, we disseminate the analysis developed in this project to national bodies.
Main Activities ADENE
ADENE’s main activities include the participation in the three follow-up project meetings and the update of the ODYSSEE and MURE databases, as well the development of two country profiles.
• ODYSSEE and MURE databases (market diffusion, energy efficiency trend and indicators, national policies on cross-country and sectoral measures available to be consulted by public in general);
• Training tools and publications;
• Assessment of multiple benefits of energy efficiency policies;
• Operationalising the Energy Efficiency First Principle (EE1) for EDD policies;
• Communication materials.
• Updates on ODYSSEE and MURE databases;
• Country profiles.