The aim of X-tendo is to support public authorities in the transition towards improved compliance,
reliability, usability and convergence of next-generation energy performance assessment and certification.
The aim of X-tendo is to support public authorities in the transition towards improved compliance, reliability, usability and convergence of next-generation energy performance assessment and certification.
The strategic objectives of X-tendo are two-fold: (1) to enable, assess, demonstrate and encourage the roll-out of next-generation energy performance assessment and certification of buildings, and (2) to improve the reliability, usability and the convergence of practices and tools related to next-generation EPCs across the EU.
This implies the following specific objectives:
– Objective 1: Facilitate convergence of quality and reliability of EPCs across the EU by identifying strengths of current EPC schemes and by initiating targeted exchange between decision makers.
– Objective 2: Elaborate approaches to extend and improve current energy performance certificates and develop an integrated web-based toolbox of features for next-generation EPCs.
– Objective 3: Ensure that the developed features and overall guidelines for improving EPCs are in line with following cross-cutting criteria: (1) more reliable and high quality EPCs, (2) user friendliness, (3) economic feasibility of EPCs, and (4) consistency with CEN/ISO standards.
– Objective 4: Assess and demonstrate the applicability of the developed next-generation EPC features in nine countries and demonstrate the potential of next-generation EPC practices in order to prepare the ground for improving EPC practices, as well as uptake of next-generation EPC features across the EU.
– Objective 5: Promote, disseminate and ensure exploitation of the X-tendo toolbox during the project lifetime and beyond, and ensure the involvement of key stakeholders, who will facilitate the way towards a successful implementation of next-generation EPC features.
Main Activities ADENE
Along the contributions for the overall outputs of the project, ADENE will be specially involved in the test phase of the following features:
– “Comfort” – In-Building test
– “Building logbook” – System/User test
– “Financing options” – System/User test
– “One-stop-shops” – System/User test
The main outcome of the X-tendo project will be a web-based toolbox enabling public authorities and implementing agencies to improve their current EPC schemes, evolving towards the next-generation EPC schemes.
The intention of the toolbox is not to provide ready-to use software packages. Rather, the provided calculation methodologies for implementation of the next-generation EPC features will be discussed, developed and tested in this project up to a pre-market level.
The X-tendo toolbox will be user-driven and tested to maximise applicability for a policy-centric environment. Using a modular structure, it will allow decision makers to navigate to those EPC features (e.g. smartness or comfort indicator, measured energy consumption, renovation recommendations) and level of information most relevant for them. The “harmonized” implementation of the next-generation EPC features in the X-tendo toolbox, will contribute to a gradual convergence of EPC schemes across Europe.
The expected deliverables for ADENE are aligned with the main activities previously presented. Besides that, X-tendo’s work will be presented and discussed regularly within the sessions of the CA-EPBD and ENR, thanks to the relevant and active role ADENE has in these two projects.